parkour game with replay systemitch.io git repo (game client) git repo (server) blog post (replay format) blog post (server)
A speedrun focused 3D parkour game with an online leaderboard. I built this game in a group of 8 using Unity (C#) and Rust.
- designing a binary format to store 'ghosts' (replays) in, and functionality for uploading ghosts to the server, handled mostly within <this script>.
- complete control over and development of the game server
- applying my knowledge from sins of the squirrels to make a more robust leaderboard in Rust
- setting up lighting and post processing in unity
- managing version control and providing support to teammates when they ran into problems merging
- designing main menu and leaderboard ui and programming related functionality
- building and publishing the game for multiple platforms